Sunday, April 3, 2011

I was a walking ghost


I have always  been skeptical when it comes to sleep. Mostly because I think I'm hardcore enough to run on 4 hours of sleep, to go to work wearing the same makeup from last night (and still reeking of tequila), to simply cover up my drowsiness with a shot of espresso, to pull all-nighters and go on with my day..

That shit is cray cray. Who did I think I was? Sleep is my new everything. Without sleep, I can't function. Without sleep, even coffee becomes obsolete. 

I'm blogging about something as simple as sleep, why? I'm going to refer to this as a constant reminder to take care of myself.

I think my generation takes their health for granted. When I used to blog till 4AM and sleep when the sun came up, my mum would berate my bad habits like nobody's business. I don't blame her. She used to threaten to take me to the children's hospital and show me what people who wanted to live were like.  

I plan to do so, despite my newly-applied sleeping habits.

SLEEP IS THE NEW AWAKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment